Android version Android Google Play Store or PhoneTax.eu ,: iPhone web app
Also Excel PAYE calc 2015 by B Hayden: Ireland &UK features.
Not Seeing the Applet calculator? Try any of the following
- Security Errors update Oct 2014: - In order to run the calculator you may need to change your java security settings:
- On Windows: Click Start, Select Control Panel, then Java. Advanced Tab then under Mixed Code select Disable Verification.
- Still in Java Control panel: Security tab, Edit Site List, Add, type http://taxcalc.eu, OK, (warning) Continue, OK, OK
- Go again (or refresh page with F5) to website TaxCalc.eu.
- You may get this java security warning: but it's ok, click Run.
- When done you should set Mixed code setting back to 'Enable - show warning if needed' - reverse of step 1 above
- OR use the web app - srcroll down the page. Exact same calculations but less input options (for now).
- Claim a Tax Refund! Free "How
to Guide" using this tax calculator. Go back up to 4 years.
- Budget 2015 forum on AskAboutMoney.com
2015 Simplified new Web-App version; updated.14-Oct-2014 @1600
- For PAYE Private A1 only (for now)
How To Use
(for Applet, web app similiar)
Begin by selecting your details from the pop menus: Marital Status, Age and
the Tax Year you want to work with. Note that if the Marital Status is set
to Single or Widowed then the 'Spouse' data entry column is hidden.
a quick calculation just fill in your Employment income. The results appear,
as you type, in the Summary tab in the Calculations & Info panel.
all the items have context sensitive help - just hover the cursor over an
item and wait a moment for help to appear.
- For 'Employed Persons': Single, Married or Widowed. PRSI Class A, public
or private sector. Class D to follow.
- Tax years: 2009, 2010, 2011.Earlier years got to TaxCalc.eu/earlier/
- Monthly, weekly etc take home pay, PRSI
- Ability to switch between tax years on the fly (for direct comparisons)
- Context sensitive help.
- Copy output calculations to the clipboard (and then paste to a word processor
- Multi-Lingual including Irish (ok, that's not ready yet)
- Detailed account of every euro of you tax bill - go to the Details tab in
Calculations & Info and open the folders & sub-folders
- Split panel to you can see more/less of calculations or input area
- Pensions can be included and are automatically calculated for Public Sector
- What Browser do you need
- You will need Java V1.6 update 10+ installed - this site will update or
install if needed: http://java.com
- The applet is known to run on current versions (as of Dec 2009) of the following
- Macintosh: Safari, FireFox (but some small problem with tab
- Linux: Ubuntu 9.10/FireFox 3.5.3 - to install -->
from console type: sudo apt-get install icedtea6-plugin
- Linux other: probaby any other Linux distribution with
FireFox 3.5/Java 1.6.0_10 or later
- Windoze: FireFox, Internet Exploder, Opera, Safari, Chrome
What it doesn't
- Printing - you can't print from the browser window.
Instead copy and paste results to a word processor via the clipboard. You
can print the examples tab - do a CNTRL-P
- Widowed - doesn't handle extra allowance if bereavement
- The PRSI figures assume you were paid roughly the same for each week during
the year. PRSI A1 Only. D to follow.
- Thanks to the following who helped with suggestions,
found problems etc.
- Peter Armstrong, Gavin Heneghan, John Hennessy, David O'Brien, Brendan
Burgess/AAM, Denis Nagle, Anthony McKeogh, Brian Hayden, Clubman/AAM,
Tommy/AAM, DeadlyDuck/AAM and many others from AAM
Privacy & Your Confidential
The invormation you enter into the Tax Calculator is confidential to you.
The tax calculations are done locally on your destop computer and no information
you enter is transmitted back to this website or anywhere else (with some
other calculators your data IS sent over the internet along with your IP address).
Also, none of your information is stored on your PC or in your browser's cache.
When you navigate away from this web page your data is gone, forever. Perhaps
longer. The only network activity is initially when the program is downloaded
by your browser over the internet from TaxCalc.eu server to your computer.
After that an internet connection is no longer required and so, if you're
paranoid, you can disconnect it.
- Please contact us if you see an error in the calculations, a bug, or you
have a suggestion. If you report a problem then please try to give me enough
information so that we can replicate the problem (Browser and version, OS
and version, platform). Obviously I don't expect you to give meyour salary
details but please give me alternative data that shows the problem. For the
email address - see the top of this page
Disclaimer & Copyright
- Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998,
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
by karl grabe
- All Rights Reserved
- Commercial Distribution Prohibited.
- Commercial Gain by using this Program
This is FreeWare software.
- The results supplied by the Tax Calculator above should
be regarded as indicative only and not precise. The information contained
and produced by these pages is intended as a guide only. While care has
been taken to ensure it is correct and up to date the authors cannot be
held responsible for any errors or omissions in the information supplied.
Use the calculator and this web site at your own risk! This
Website may be linked to other websites which are not under my control and
are not maintained by me. I am not responsible for the content of those
Other Tax/Money Related Links
- O2/Meteor/Vodafone users - send free texts from your PC with free JSMS
- French? Moving to ireland? - Useful
Weddings Designer Wedding Floral Consultants
for all your Wedding Day floral needs.
- great digital photograpic portraits
- Nov 2007:
TaxCalc.eu Survey results
-thanks to those who too IT
Accessed: 14550 Dec 5th 2001, 43000 Oct 16 2002, 48000 Dec 4 2002, 88255 Dec
Reset 30 Nov2004, 92717 Dec 4th 2005, 100,000 Dec 14th 2005, 251,000 Dec 4th
Budget day traffic 2006
2011, 2012, 2013 2014 2015 2016